Exercise and healthy eating
Even small changes to your daily routine, leisure activities and eating habits can make a big difference to your health and wellbeing.
Increased physical activity, maintaining a healthy weight, eating a balanced diet and enjoying sports not only prevents illness, but can improve your mood, confidence, sleep and concentration.
If you’d like to get more exercise and change the way you eat, you’ll find lots of advice and information online from NHS Choices and North Somerset Council.
Online advice at NHS Choices
- discover more about healthy eating
- learn more about healthy lifestyles for children
- read about the benefits of exercise
Speak to your GP if you would like help in losing weight. You may be eligible for Slimming on Referral or another type of support service.
North Somerset Council runs several programmes and provides information to help you access a healthier lifestyle through low-cost or free activities, such as:
- health walks in the local area
- recreational cycling routes
- information on a range of physical activities across the district
- exercise classes for older people
- fun, local sporting challenges
Find out more at North Somerset Council's website, including their Go4Life scheme.