Attending a meeting held in publicShow sub-pages
Attending a meeting held in public
Members of the public are welcome to attend, ask a question or make a statement at one of the CCGs Governing Body or Joint Commissioning Committee meetings both of which are meetings held in public.
If you’re unable to attend, you can submit a question in advance and a manager will ask the question on your behalf. Responses to questions are recorded in our minutes.
The form for submitting questions can be found at the bottom of this page.
You can find agendas, reports and minutes for previous meetings in our online library and you can see when the next meetings are scheduled in our Events section.
We publish the agenda and papers for these meetings one week in advance.
The Governing Body ensures that the CCG functions effectively and that commissioning decisions are debated in an open and fair way.
Find out about its roles and responsibilities, please visit our Governing Body page.
Joint Commissioning Committee
The Joint Commissioning Committee was established in 1 April 2015, with the primary purpose of jointly commissioning primary medical services for the people of North Somerset with NHS England.
Find out about its roles and responsibilities, please visit our Joint Commissioning Committee page.
How to ask a question at a meeting
All formal meetings of the CCG Governing Body are held in-common with Bristol CCG and South Gloucestershire CCG and in public unless specifically indicated. Members of the public are able to ask questions or make statements during the allocated agenda time.
You can ask questions or make a statement by:
- Speaking in the meeting at the allocated time on the agenda,
- Submitting a question via the contact us page
- Completing a ‘Question Form’
On the day of the meeting, the Governing Body will only be able to respond to questions that have been submitted in advance. Any questions asked on the day will be responded to in writing outside of the meeting and will be published on the CCG websites accordingly.
Please note that questions submitted:
- Should relate to items on the Governing Body agenda and should be received by the CCG no later than 3 working days prior to the meeting. This is to ensure that questions relate to the business being discussed, can be responded to at the meeting and focused answers are given.
- Should not require discussions of a confidential nature or require discussion of confidential information (If you have an issue of this nature please speak to the Corporate Support Officer who will advise on the best course of action).
- Should not be of such a nature to be deemed abusive or vexatious
For further information please contact Robyn Smith, via the CCG Reception on 01275 546702.
Filming and recording at meetings
Members of the public or press representatives are not permitted to bring in equipment for recording or transmitting meetings of the Governing Body or Joint Commissioning Committee without first securing permission from the Chair.
Press or Media enquiries should be addressed to our communications team on 0117 9002549 or by email to: email@example.com.