Medical and non-medical prescribing policies and the safe and secure handling of medicines.
The medicines management team supports and promotes high-quality, safe, cost-effective prescribing with all stakeholders in North Somerset.
Clinicians may contact the team with questions or concerns by calling 01275 546773.
You may also find the following websites useful:
- The Bristol, North Somerset, & South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) Joint Formulary
- British National Formulary (BNF) and BNF for children
- Medicines for Children
- NHS Evidence
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- GOV.UK – immunisation publications
- Electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC) (datasheets)
Non-medical prescribing policy
This policy applies to all activity by qualified prescribers (except doctors or dentists) employed by North Somerset CCG and supports the practice of prescribing in community and primary care settings.